Ahead this weekend:
Above: A favorite moment from this week’s Garden Visit: A Family Vegetable Garden in Gascony, France, Inspires a New Line of Fragrances, over on Gardenista.
- This weekend in NYC: Shoppe Object returns.
- Want to build furniture in exchange for coffee?
- In LA? Swing by Nickey Kehoe’s Beverly Blvd outpost for their Household pop-up.
- In Maine this weekend: the annual High Season Market, August 12 and 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Ocean View Grange at 435 Port Clyde Road in St. George, and Sugar Tools x Antonia Textiles, August 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 121 Melvin Heights Road in Camden.
- Asks our columnist: If you’re not grilling over a real fire, what even is the point?
- Marking our calendars for August 19, when Plunge—which “collaborates with artists to produce limited edition usable artworks in terrycloth”—pops up at Blunk Space, featuring artist-designed towels, ceramic hooks, and other summer accoutrements.
- And a recipe for a French cocktail party staple.